February 3, 2014

My Week in the Land of Carbs

It all started last monday when we made the half hour drive out to see our good friends the Lynchs!
We hung out there all day on the farm and even though it was too cold to go out and get a tour and feed the chickens and what not, we stayed in the cute little house and baked all day! 
Homemade pizza and homemade cinnamon and orange rolls. It was all to.die.for.! 
Inline image 2
We were stuffed! 
And then ate it for the rest of the week. 
But of course we shared with the elders. 
Bless their hearts, it was probably the only real food they got.
 It was the end of the month and none of them had any money #missionaryproblems 

That night we had FHE at the Trigg's with a super sweet lady in our ward named Linda. She has special needs and she is a hoot! I love her! 
We talked with her about the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us and then Sister Trigg showed her a mormon message about families. She said she's been watching it all week :)

We had an [uh-mazing] broadcast this weekend! It was with Elder Perry and Elder Rasband on Hastening the Work! It was broadcast at 85 locations to all the ward councils. 
Elder Zwick came and talked to the zone leaders and sister training leaders and besides saying that "we had the best missionaries in the entire world", 
he also told them that we are getting our technology soon! 
As in like 2 months!!!! :) 
So. we are super de duper excited about that!

{the scripture of our day} 
          D&C 88:73

So they instructed us for the first hour and then the second hour was a question and answer session.
It was so cool to be a part of and the spirit was so strong! 
They truly are men called of God and were sent here to the South to help instruct our leaders on how they can better help us!

basically Elder Perry just told them to stop wasting our time and that they needed to fill our calenders. 
And he is hilarious
Everyone was commenting on how different he is when it's not General Conference!

We had a PPP party this weekend as well! 
Pajamas, pizza, and popcorn! 
We watched the Testaments with Brenda and it was a blast! We all just love the end when the Savior comes. It is powerful to watch!
Pretty sure every missionary has that movie memorized by the time they go home. It's our only form of entertainment haha! 

The most amazing find of the week....
Inline image 1
my favorite feature: the separator! Then you can get multiple flavors and they won't all run together! GENIUS!
P.S. There's one in Tacoma. You won't be disappointed :)

The day I figure out Alabama weather, that will be theee day.
One day it's 60 and wonderful and we don't need a jacket, the next day it's 30 and pouring down rain and miserable. Just make up your mind!

Can we please just talk about how it's F E B R U A R Y??
I just can't believe it! I got my mission call a whole year ago and my little sister is turning the big two-oh! What has become of the world? Craziness!

Well the coolest thing I probably experienced this week was how every morning before studies I would always pray that I would be able to use the things that I studied in my teaching that day. 
And guess what?
It worked! Without fail, all of the many wonderful things I had studied fit in perfectly with the lessons that we taught!
Coincidence? I think not.

I'm doing a social experiment on the hastening of the work. I'll give ya an update on that next week :)

funny line of the week:
all the men yesterday bore their testimonies about their wives and how they had found their better halves and just appreciated and loved them so much and were so grateful that they were sealed in the temple. 
well. a 15 year old got up there and said...
"unlike these other men, I'm still waiting for my better half"
hahaha what a comedian!

Congrats to the Seahawks! Last time they even went to the Superbowl was when I was in 7th grade. Such a long time ago! Wish I was there to celebrate in all the excitement! So fun!

love y'all muchisimo
Hairmanna Blackner

No comments:

Post a Comment