December 10, 2013

" 'Tis the Season "

Can you believe it's Christmastime?? I absolutely LOVE it.

It's been a whirlwind of a morning. President Hanks called us at 7:30 and said he was taking all the Decatur missionaries (there's 6 of us) to breakfast and that we needed to be ready and be at the elders apartment at 8:15. Scramble to get ready and go! Stress to the max.

This week Hermana Johnson and I were busy being little Christmas elves. We are planning the 12 days of Christmas and we are SO excited about it! Spreading Christmas cheer like nobody's business. Because...we have the best message on earth about our Savior, Jesus Christ! 

In attempt to understand what it would feel like for an investigator to stop smoking, Hermana Johnson and I have decided to do the unthinkable. Yes, we are giving up all treats, candy, pies, sugar, for the holiday season. I know. We're crazy. And let me tell you, it is SO much easier when you have someone by your side doing it. We've been saying no to so many good things. But it's definitely all worth it. 

Our zone has entered the wonderful world of Harry Potter and is working towards the house cup this transfer. The Decatur missionaries are Hufflepuff and we are definitely winning this. Points for getting home on time, baptisms, contacting referrals, giving out book of mormons, doing service, teaching lessons, ALL the good things. This will definitely be a December to remember. At zone training, we focused on literally wearing the name of Christ and what that means to each of us. It was a faith promoting activity and really allowed me to reflect on then name I bear and who I am representing.
To me, it's a constant reminder of who I want to become and that as I learn of Him, I can be more like Him. Our nametags are worn right by our hearts because of the love we have for Him, that's why we're out here spreading the good news. It's a reminder about the trust He has for us, to give our all every single day, to live worthy of bearing His name, to walk in His footsteps. There is so much importance to a name and that of all the names that are close to mine, it's that of Jesus Christ.

Substitute the words in Helaman 5:6-7 from them to Him 

As far as the work goes, we are constantly talking to everyone we see. We don't have too many progressing investigators at the moment, but we are definitely planting lots of seeds. This morning we talked to a man who was under the impression that we worshiped "the golden statue of a man wearing a suit on top of the church(temple)" FALSE. And then reminded me about what happened when Nebuchadnezzar built a golden statue. Don't worry, kind sir. Our salvation is not on the line. Oh, proselyting in the bible belt. Gotta love it.

The two sisters that we've been teaching though are doing fabulous and the one is getting baptized this week, so that's exciting! They absolutely love coming to church and all the young women are so sweet to them! I love seeing the gospel change lives. The best part about Iesha is that she just stopped drinking coffee cold turkey. And she pretty much thinks it is the greatest thing on the planet. She wants to throw all the coffee in her house away (if her mom didn't drink it) and thinks that hot chocolate tastes so much better. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Well the festivities have just begun and these next few weeks are jam pack full of amazing opportunities to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Tune in next time for a review of going to the temple, attending the festival of nativities, a baptism, and probably some many more unexpected adventures. 

I am a mormon.I know it. I live it. I love it.

Feliz Navidad!
Hermana Blackner


No comments:

Post a Comment