December 2, 2013

" 'Tis the Season "

I can't believe that it's almost CHRISTMAS!
Alabama is freezing. Well at least in a skirt it is.

My last day in Birmingham was a whirlwind. We were teaching lessons every hour from 11-9. It was ridiculous! I wish the planner could look that good every day. What a blessing to have worked with so many amazing people for the past 4 1/2 months. I will miss it dearly! I almost walked out of there without any tears.

Well being in a new area is kind of like starting your mission all over again. I definitely feel like I have things more under control, but this has been the SLOOOOOOOOOWEST week of ma life. However, this transfer is gonna be legit. Basically, Sister Johnson and I got this confirmation about why we're supposed to be here and we are so pumped about getting the work goin' here in Decatur. Seriously, the place needs some enthusiasm and some baptisms. 

I pretty much love Hermana Johnson SO much already! Match made in heaven. We just laugh all the time and are just so pumped about the work. And everything just makes sense with us. #21yearoldmissionaries There are 3 sets of missionaries in our ward. Talk about overkill. But it's not too bad because there's us, the sisters, spanish speaking elders, and english speaking elders. Divide and conquer right? It's a fun group though! 

Thanksgiving was good! I got to meet some of the members of the ward and we did some planning and then we got to help a family decorate for Christmas! I played the piano while all the elders avoided watching football and  tried decorating the tree. It was a blast!

We taught these girls yesterday about tithing and fasting because it was fast sunday and then we re-set a baptismal date with them. One of the girls wanted to get baptized on her birthday which is the 15th, a sunday. We then brought up the idea of getting baptized on the 14th and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost the next day. Best birthday present ever! The Holy Ghost is such a blessing in our lives and guides and directs us as we live worthy of it. 

I'm super excited to be here and really looking forward to getting things going! What a blessing to be a missionary, especially during this Christmas season. 

Life.is.good.

con amor,
Hermana Blackner




Mary's new companion Sister Johnson 


here's our sketchy mailbox. thank goodness i have a reliable one now! 


only the best district in the mission! 


 Sister Rich 

Sister Thomas. pretty much my mission grandma. She's the cutest! 82 and STILL working!

No comments:

Post a Comment