December 16, 2013

"Just 9 days Left!"

I am just lovin' this Christmas season! So many fun things happening every day!

So things have been crazy busy and I kind of forgot to talk about some really important things last week... Like how I ate tongue tacos. Yeah, definitely the weirdest thing I've ever eaten in my life. and it didn't taste bad, as long as you didn't actually think about what you were eating. I have officially been inducted into hispanic culture.

This week was fantastic! 

First of all, Iesha got baptized! it was pretty much the best. It was so fun to see her beautiful smile on the stand yesterday after she got confirmed and saw everyone welcome her to the ward. I just love seeing other people be happy :)

I also finished the whole standard works this week! And let me just say that I love the scriptures SO much! And I got it all done by December 11, one day before my 6 month mark. Don't know when that's going to happen again. But I can say that my testimony of the Savior increased dramatically and I am so grateful for the opportunity that we have to read the scriptures whenever we want and learn about the things that our Heavenly Father has given us to be successful in this life.

We started the 12 days of Christmas this week. We didn't have any solid investigators that we wanted to do it for so we went to this gorgeous street of homes that were built in the early 1900's decorated beautifully for the Christmas season and we just picked a random house. The suspense and surprise of it all is what makes it so fun! And we're hoping that we will get some new investigators out of this :)

Going to the temple this week was absolutely amazing! I can never get enough of being there! Plus, I think the spirit is extra strong with so many missionaries :) And it was so weird to have to drive an hour and a half instead of just 20 minutes like when I was in Birmingham. I did get to stop by there on the way back though and it was so much fun! I miss it, but I'm so grateful to be here in Decatur as well!

This weekend we had the opportunity to go up to Huntsville for the big Nativity Festival. It was incredible! And I loved every minute of it. Plus, I was so grateful we got to go because I have missed the one at home for the past few years since I've been at school. But we listened to an amazing concert, went through the live nativity at least 10 times, saw all of the nativities and quilts, found the 12 hidden sheep, talked to lots and lots of people, and were on our feet for 8 hours. It was so festive! 

I'm super excited to do more service this week, hopefully find some new investigators, go to some Christmas parties, have another baptism, and probably some crazy adventures mixed in. 
Remember the real reason for the season and have an awesome week!

con amor,
Hermana Blackner




No comments:

Post a Comment