March 10, 2014

On the Road Again

Hermana Torgersen and I got transferred again! I'm not kidding!
We're probably setting records. 3 areas in 3 weeks. Yup, it's been curaaaazzzeeee.
BUT. We've been having a lot of fun! Speaking spanish and just talking with all of la gente.
We also decided that we're going to start a professional packing business. If anyone needs their house packed up in 2 hours of less, we're your girls. Just give us a call! We're pretty much p.r.o.s. now!
So here's our new address once again. This one will be a little bit more permanent though. At least for the next 3 weeks.
12 Aspen Cove Apt. 202
Homewood, AL 35209
We still love getting mail! That's something that hasn't changed :)

We are now in the Altadena Branch! It's muy chiquita but we love it!
There is lots of good work to do here :) And it's super close to my old stomping grounds in Bham.
So that's a plus! I know the area a little bit from exchanges and district meetings and what not.
We are in the citaayyy! Hermana T hasn't figured out how to deal with all the busy streets yet ;)
And guess who our district leader is?!!!
Good ol' Elder Wilkins from the CCM. He's matured a lot since those days :)
Hermana Torgersen and I got to do some work in the mission office last week! It was super fun!  <<filed papers, organized mail, put stickers on planners, counted out mormon.org cards>>
ya know, all those office things. 
And let me tell you, they needed the help! When two of the senior couples leave this month, it's gonna be a little rough! But that means that we just get to serve more! Lucky us!
We've been getting a preview of spring the past couple days. It is seriously soooo nice! But all good things must come to an end right? (speaking of which, in two days is the big 9 months. the downhill slide begins...)
We taught some awesome lessons on tuesday. It really reminded me about how everyone needs the gospel and how it can apply to anyone in any situation. Basically it all comes down to the fact that we are literally His spirit children and He loves us!
The missionaries here in this area have been really helpful at getting us some lists of people to teach and introducing us to the members and getting us started so hopefully I'll have some awesome teaching moments to share next week. It's just been the weirdest thing to be going out and talking all day to people but have nothing be permanent.

We had a stake relief society meeting on Saturday and I got to see a lot of the wonderful ladies from the Birmingham Ward. I love them all! Birmingham will always have a special place in my heart :) It was so fun to get caught up on their families and the ward and such. It felt like I was talking to people from home. almost...
The Stake Relief Society President was talking about how after watching a movie she realized, along with the character, that we can't have perfect lives. But we can have perfect moments. So the rest of the night was dedicated to sharing perfect moments in missionary work, the new youth curriculum, temple work, and finding lost members. 

What have been some of your "perfect moments"??

Something I've been contemplating on a lot recently is the fact that I am supposed to be here. There have been tons of tender mercies {kind of a theme from my life} that have shown me that Heavenly Father really does know me and love me. 

While I was sitting in the meeting listening to a young woman play "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" on the violin, I realized that amongst all this craziness, that that's really what I'm doing. Just going where the Lord needs me.
This is what I wrote in my planner:
"How lucky I am to be here with the best companion in the world sharing the gospel to all who will hear in Alabama. I don't think it will ever cease to amaze me that I really am a representative of Jesus Christ, but I'm so glad I'm here! I am so grateful for President and Sister Hanks for their love and for the relationship that I have developed with them. This is where I'm supposed to be"
One last thought. I was reading Our Search for Happiness by Elder Ballard and found this awesome quote:
"A quality life is one that positively influences others and makes the world around it a better place in which to live. A quality life is one that is constantly growing, expanding its horizons and enlarging its borders. A quality life is one that is filled with love and loyalty, patience and perseverance, kindness and compassion. A quality life is one that is based on eternal potential and not confined to this life only. A quality life is a life well-lived."
So let's go about living quality lives and looking at the eternal perspective. What a wonderful life we have to live! Enjoy the journey :)
Inline image 1
{best family ever} {they own a bakery} {love them}

con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Blackner

No comments:

Post a Comment