March 17, 2014

Got Green?

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!
Never been a fan of green, but I do have my nails painted today #antipinchpolish

Well it's been nice to have a fresh start somewhere more permanent! We've been doing some great work and have quite a few people we're working with now :)
I'm feeling a little bit under the weather today so I'll write as much as I can but this week may be a little bit under par. 
 
First of all, can we just talk about how much I absolutely LOVE the hispanic people! They are just so humble and so much easier to talk to and are warm and inviting!
Hermana T and I have been continuing to talk to e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e.
It's a lot of fun! We've been doing a lot of walking too which here in the city, you always find people to talk to. Especially when the weather is nice! And spring is definitely almost here!

I gave my first talk in espanol yesterday! I was a little bit nervous given the fact that I had less than 24 hours notice but it all went well! And it was on the Savior. Easiest topic ever, right?!
We helped out all day on Saturday with a huge Family History Day at the church. When we were getting our instructions I wrote a note on a post-it. Here's how it went: 
Me: " I think I'm going to be one of those old ladies that loves family history someday haha!"
Hna T: "Yo tombien. We can do it together! Maybe start our own club!"
hahaha!
So there you have it in writing. Family history is awesome! And it's not just about the pedigree charts and the temple work. It about the stories and the real lives of the people behind the names. It's all about the "dash".
We hit our halfway mark together! It was an awesome day! Half cookies, balloons, BBQ, postcards, nail polish, fun notes, and of course lots of teaching. Even to some crazies in Bham.
I feel like recently Sister T and I have been doing a little bit of the divide and conquer method. One teaches the lesson while the other distracts the kids. Lots of candy, stickers, and playing with their toys does the trick :) The good news: that means we're teachingfamilies!
So a little info about our branch. We have about 20 people there on a good day. It just needs a lot of strengthening. Mostly in the form of reactivation. There are some awesome priesthood holders and really faithful members. They just work work work all the time but understand the importance of the covenants that they have made. I've been able to help out a lot with music, so that's been fun! We also play futbol every friday which is a blast! 

Inline image 1

It's true! He does live and He loves each one of us! I'm am so grateful to be a missionary and help others to grow closer to Him! Strengthen your faith and recognize the miracles that follow!

con amor,
Hermana Blackner

No comments:

Post a Comment